Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lola is here!

As most of you know, Lola is here. I had a scheduled c-section on Tuesday, June 26th, but I guess that was not soon enough for her. We had her on Monday at 9:08 am. I woke up at 3:30 am with a strong contraction. I went back to sleep, then about a half hour later I woke up again to another contraction. I stayed in bed til about 5 am and decided I would get up to see if the contractions would get more intense or ease off. Well ease off they did not. They got closer about 20 minutes, then got to ten minutes apart, and the pain was getting more intense. With Star my water broke, so that made it really easy to know to go to the hospital. With just contractions, it makes it hard to know when exactly you are supposed to go in.

Well I ended up calling the hospital to see what they recommended and they said come in and they will monitor me to see if it's real labor or not. We wake up Star and take her to Denton's aunt and head to the hospital. We get there a little after six and they hook me up. Now because of mine and Denton's activities the night before, the nurse thinks that is what is giving me contractions. I guess sperm has the same stuff as pitocin ( the stuff used to induce labor). Anyways... I am hooked up to the monitor and I can't tell what's going on, but a nurse comes in and decides to check to see if I am dilated. Turns out I am dilated to a four!!! Which means, we are having Lola a day early!! Woohoo!!

The nurses start prepping me and getting me ready to get my epidural and ready for the c-section. During this time, the contractions are getting a lot stronger and I am not liking it at all. Finally about a 45 minutes later, they take me back to the surgery room where the epidural is put in. Those are blessed miracles. Power to the woman who can do it all natural, but I sure am thankful for modern medicine! After the epidural is in and going, the procedure is a go. They started cutting me open at 9:03 and Lola was born at 9:08! The whole procedure took about a half an hour.

They wheel me into recovery and Denton was there with baby Lola. I finally got to hold her (that's the bummer about c-sections, it takes until you are all sewn up and in recovery til you can hold your little bundle of joy). She is precious. I feel so very blessed to have her in my life. I feel so blessed for how well everything went. We had such a horrible experience with Star's birth, that I thought it was impossible to have such a great experience, but this truly was amazing. I told Denton that I was already ready for another one...hahaha! That's how awesome this time around was. The nurses and whole hospital staff were amazing and so friendly. But enough about me.... here are pics of little Lola!! 7 lbs 11 oz and 20 in.









1 comment:

  1. Oh she looks so much like Starlyn! So cute! And I dooo see some red highlights! How exciting! Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete