Wednesday, August 3, 2011

There's a monster under my bed!

About two weeks ago Starlyn woke up at about 12:30 am screaming her head off. This has never ever happened, even when she was first born. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Her diaper was clean, she did not have a fever, no burps. We just didn't know what was wrong. "Maybe she had a nightmare?" I told Denton. But he convinced me that they are too young and it can't happen. It took about an hour for her to FINALLY calm down and go back to sleep.

They next morning was her 9 month check up and I brought it up with the doctor. He explained to me it was a night terror/nightmare. First thing I thought was..ha told you Denton..haha! That explains why we couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. If she was still sleeping while having an episode that would be a night terror. Since she woke up, that is considered a nightmare.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do about it. He told me to not feed her or pick her up cause she will get used to it and then it's what I will have to do every time. That's easy for me! Well it has happened now once a week since then, like clock work on the same day. WEIRD! it makes me sad for her. And cause she is in our room, it's almost frustrating which I feel horrible to say but it is.

Starlyn has been sleeping thru the night since she was 7 weeks old. She is pretty much Awesome, so maybe this is making up for the past amazing 9 months we have had. Maybe to humble us....ha? I hope they do not continue, or they won't last an hour each time. I guess I should look at the positive: It's only once a week not every night, it's only for an hour and not five times a night or worse, and once she is a sleep she still sleeps til about 8 am. So really, it's not that bad. I just pray I have the patience for it!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh poor Starlyn! So sad for her. I remember when my little sister had night terrors. So weird. Good luck! Miss you guys! Come swing down this way once you've moved... HA. I wish.

    ReplyDelete