Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gifts

" Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing- unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God: yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance." ALMA 26:22

Denton and I try and read scriptures and pray together every night. Last night one of the versus we read was this one above. This scripture really made an impression on me. What a wonderful gift to be given, to know the mysteries of our heavenly father. To receive inspiration and direction that will not only keep us on the right path, but to help those who have wandered or who have never traveled that path. I think one thing I struggle with is talking about the gospel with others. I have no problem bearing my testimony in sacrament, but for some reason it's hard for me to non-members. I think I feel I need to be missionary to do that. Or I have the thought of offending them. But I guess I will never know, since I never try.

I know this gospel to be true, to be the only true church on this earth today. It is our saviors' church. I am so grateful to my heavenly father, who loves us, to give us a prophet today, who guides and directs his church. I know the prophet is our saviors servant, I know with all my heart he was called of God. I feel it when I hear him speak and read his words. I know the covenants we make in the temple are true, and if we live up to them, they bring us closer to our heavenly father and exaltation. I am thankful for the sealing power, to be sealed to my husband, whom I love with all my heart, and my children for time and all eternity. I am so so sooo grateful for the priesthood and the power it has to heal and to bless. Most of all I am grateful for the blessings I get everyday. I pray that I will be better about sharing the gospel and following the inspiration I receive. I know how I feel because I have the gospel in my life, why wouldn't I want to share that with everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment