Friday, January 7, 2011

A look back

This past year sure went by fast. I remember my mom always telling me how fast time goes the older you get. I just never realized how true that really is. Moms always know best!

Looking back on this past year, the birth of our daughter stands out to me. I am so grateful to have her in my life. I am thankful the way everything happened. We tried for eight months to get pregnant. It was the longest eight months of my life, but the wait was worth it. Of course the pregnancy itself was the longest fast nine months of my life..haha... but I am so glad she is finally here. The Lord never gives you a trial you cannot handle. Her birth was really hard for me, but looking back on it, I would not have wanted it any other way. My testimony of priesthood power grew so much stronger. I am so grateful to have a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and use it when our family needs it. I am grateful for the spirit! With out his comfort, that day would of been a lot harder than it was. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for trials he gives me and my family. Without them, I would not be who I am today.

BUDGET!! I have never realized how important that is until this last summer. Denton and I planned on saving X amount this summer with him and I both working. When the summer ended and we went over our finances, we discovered we didn't save anything....haha..... what a slap in the face. Going over our statements, I learned we spend tons of money on things that weren't necessary, so to solve this problem, we decided to put a budget in place. AMAZING, is the word that comes to mind for the word budget. Now that we have one in place, we never stress out, we have money for things we need and we are able to save now. What a blessing! (Only when surprise bills pop out of no where, do we stress out. For ex: When medicaid won't cover expenses)

Things I plan to work on this year:

1. Personal scriptural study
2. Journal writing/blog
3. Personal prayer
4. Service
5. Keeping the house clean
6. Lose 15 pounds/ eat healthy

2010 was a great year. I look forward to what 2011 not only brings me, but my family also. I am grateful for the blessings I have and the blessings the Lord has in store for my family. I am grateful for our families who love and do everything for us. It was so fun to see them during the holidays and we miss them tons. I am grateful for the friends I have made through out my life and love them dearly. Goodbye 2010, and hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment